WORKING TOGETHER JACKSON SUPPORTS
JPS BOND ELECTION: AUG 7th
Learn more about the JPS Bond Issue here on the site and pledge to vote in favor of it on August 7, 2018.
GET THE FACTS ON THE JPS BOND VOTE
Jackson Public Schools paid off some existing debt in April 2018 and now has the opportunity to reissue the debt to get these additional funds. Because the existing debt was already being paid by taxpayers, reissuing the same amount will not cause any increase in taxes paid by homeowners for Jackson Public Schools.
The total amount of approximately $65 million will be used directly toward making building improvements, renovations and/or construction at our schools.
Potential projects include:
• Replacing HVAC units at Forest Hill High School and Callaway High School.
• Completing the renovation of Newell Field.
• Adding science labs at all middle and high schools.
• Redesigning libraries to include internet cafés and other learning spaces for students.
• Updating the auditorium/performance space at Power APAC.
• Building a performance space at Forest Hill High School for APAC programs.
• Various infrastructure projects at schools, such as replacing carpets and windows, paving parking lots and other such projects.
PLEDGE TO VOTE ' Yes'!
Use the form below to pledge to vote for the JPS Bond Issue, as well as to let us know if and how you can help us get out the vote. Thanks!